Interface ProductsIn an automation system interface products that connect various elements play a very important part. Interface products in automation play the same role that is played by infrastructure in development of a nation.
Interface Products Group (IPG) manufactures various connectors, connectors with cables and such interface products which help in connecting various types of sensors to different types of cable trees or amplifier and controller units which make automation systems. Some of the common and standard products are available off the shelf and various others that need to be developed are also taken up to meet special needs.
With an in-house development cell which has Die design, machining and pilot extrusion machine for quick development this group caters to various demands of its clients with tailored quality products. The test facilities include microohm meter, insulation and high voltage tester as well as routine automatic tester for mass production needs. With an ERP system and programmable length cable cutting machine customized cable lengths which help in reducing waste can also be supplied by this group.
Why Interface ProductsNormally field devices are mounted in harsher environments near equipments but the central controls are located at a central locations. The signal from field devices needs to be taken to controllers via cables. If there are environmental problems like fluctuating voltage, spikes, physical abuse or accidental breakages, the devices fails more often than the connecting path consisting of cable and interconnections. Earlier the devices used to have their own cables and one had to change device as well as cable. It means increased downtime and consequent production loss. With interface products, one need only replace the device and quickly restart the system. Various advantages of this system are given below.
- Time saving of reconnecting device at machine.
- No skilled electrician is needed to change a device. The device becomes as versatile as a PCB and can be replaced by anyone.
- With newer technologies one can substitute device and improve performance.
- One becomes free on choice of sensing device.
- The interconnection quality does not depend on electrician skill but is assured by interconnection system components.
- It is environment friendly and reduces carbon footprint by preventing scrapping of cables.
- It is automation friendly and can be better used for higher levels of control.
- After replacement the wiring does not become worse as it is not affected. In the old system, due to lack of proper dressing components wiring after such replacement becomes shabby and unreliable.
Connector and Cable Assembly for SensorsInterface Product Group of Katlax offers connectors and cable assembly for sensors.
Company has innovated and developed indigenously various types of connectors and cable assemblies for sensors.
These connectors and cable assemblies have been accepted by United States & European market against international competition.
ApplicationWhen Sensors are used in automation or any High efficient machine, Machine or process down time is critical when sensors are provided with molded cable, which is part of cable harness assembly. To avoid cable removal when sensor is defective, connector is solution with Plug forming part of sensor and socket with cable.
- Conductor color identifications comply with European Standards.
- KATLAX SENSORS, for all size, i.e. M8 to M36 or Box type, we use M12 connectors both Male & Female.
- Right angle cable socket, with integrally molded lead, self- securing lock nut.
- Screw locking, metal coupling nut and self-assembly
- Connector assembly also available without cable.
- All the combinations also available with shielded type cable.